Chaikin CareersJoin our team!
To apply for a position at Chaikin, forward resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Chaikin Analytics is a fast growing leader in providing institutional grade stock analysis to individual investors and professional advisors, traders and brokers. We level the field and provide the kinds of tools to people that previously were only available to pros with billion-dollar back office research functions. We will double the size in our staff by early 2016, with many positions to be filled by the end of 2015. Chaikin is a high performing organization where people are judged on their performance and ‘A’ players are cherished and rewarded.
Inside Sales Executive
Chaikin Analytics is a SaaS platform providing stock analysis to professional and individual investors. Over the last year we have experienced tremendous growth and doubled our revenue. As a result, we are doubling the size of our sales team to keep up with very warm leads.
Candidates chosen for this role are skilled at solution selling, conversing with ease with both novice and professional investors, and able to convert very warm leads to closed sales. Experienced closers with a strong knowledge of the financial markets will thrive in this position, earning uncapped commissions that are paid out twice a month.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years sales experience, inside sales of financial products a definite plus
- Proven record as a top sales performer
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Routinely make 50 daily dials that connect with potential subscribers
- Possess a solution selling approach
- Strongly skilled at overcome objections and closing sales
- Comfortable learning technology and demonstrating it to others
- Possess a start-up culture mentality
- Attention to detail
- Strong understanding of financial markets and at ease conversing on current trends with both B2B and B2C clients
- Base salary, plus uncapped commissions and bonuses
- Access to health insurance
- Options in the company
Financial Quantitative Analyst – Stock Research
We are seeking a highly driven, results-oriented quantitative analyst who possesses a deep understanding of stock technical analysis balanced with resourcefulness and creativity to help develop the next generation of stock analytical models within the context of an early stage asset management business.
Chaikin Analytics LLC, founded in 2009, has been leading the way in providing institutional grade stock analysis for professional and self-directed investors. The Chaikin Power Gauge rating is a proven stock rating model that distills 20 important factors down to a simple indicator which clearly shows a stock’s potential 1-6 months out. The company launched an application in 2012 that provides institutional money managers and sophisticated investors with the fundamental and technical analysis they need to make profitable decisions.
In early 2016, the company reorganized into a parent company (Chaikin Holdings LLC) with two subsidiaries, Chaikin Analytics LLC and Chaikin Investments LLC. The existing software business continues in the Chaikin Analytics subsidiary while the Chaikin Investments subsidiary is focused on the development and production of investment products and becoming an investment advisor. Chaikin Investments has already launched five UITs through a partnership with First Trust and there are discussions ongoing with significant players about ETF creation as well as plans to create rules-based portfolio management structures.
The Quantitative Analyst will work directly with company founder, Marc Chaikin, to develop new investing or stock analytics models within the framework of the Chaikin Investments business. Responsibilities will include providing reconciliation, validation and analysis on large data sets as related to the financial markets, stress testing algorithms, and conducting other investment performance analysis and trading related functions. The successful candidate must have demonstrable experience in highly technical stock analysis and modelling, sufficient experience with back testing to bring a critical eye to performance results, and the ability to strike an effective balance between results and complexity. The role is based in Center City, Philadelphia.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate degree in Finance/Economics, or CFA designation preferred
- Minimum three years’ work related experience preferred
- Excellent applied econometrics/statistics and analysis skills, including proficiency with one or more statistical analysis packages (e.g., Matlab, SAS, Stata, EViews, R) as well as with
- Familiarity with Factset a significant plus
- Strong foundation of basic investment knowledge including an understanding of capital markets, market indices and various securities (equity, fixed income and derivatives).
- Demonstrated record of initiative/career advancement.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Access to health care benefits, including vision and dental
- Company Stock Options
Chaikin Analytics, founded in 2009, is leading the way in providing institutional grade stock analysis for professional and self-directed investors. Our SaaS platform enables our subscribers to take the emotion out of their investing and stay ahead of Wall Street. The Chaikin Power Gauge rating is a proven stock rating model that distills 20 important factors down to a simple Green or Red gauge which clearly shows a stock’s potential 1-6 months out. The company launched Chaikin Analytics in 2012, a powerful analytics workstation for investors, designed to provide institutional money managers and sophisticated investors with the fundamental and technical analysis they need to make profitable decisions.
The Chaikin Analytics Product Manager is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including conceptualizing a business need and the products(s) needed to address it, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, ensuring the requirements are sufficiently defined as to be actionable, validating that software deliverables satisfy the requirements, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing, and support. The Product Manager ensures that the products support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
This role is in a rapidly-changing, dynamic organization. The Product Manager should be able to manage competing demands and shifting priorities with aplomb. The successful candidate possesses extensive knowledge of the financial services product landscape, sufficient to be comfortable working alongside one of the leaders in the field of stock technical analysis.
Though our current growth and funding is impressive, we will outpace last year’s revenue again this year. That said, we do not take our success for granted and continually re-invest in the company. With a number of new products anticipated for release to an increasing number of subscribers, a critical piece of our expansion is adding an accomplished Product Manager with a successful record of innovating and driving product development from concept to successful release, particularly with new investing or stock analytics software products.
The Product Manager is expected to:
- Work with company leadership to define the product strategy and roadmap
- Deliver requirements documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Develop and execute user acceptance criteria for release candidates
- Test and evaluate the presentation and use of data and content in Chaikin Analytics products
- Assist in the development, analysis, and testing of new content intellectual property
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Have a high level understanding of technology and databases
- Possess presentation skills that clearly convey product strategy to partners, management, and potential investors, regarding outlines for your plan to achieve objectives and the identification of potential risk and opportunities.
- Serve as a strong advocate of the product before potential partners and investors
- 5+ years of working experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Product Manager
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent FinTech products to the B2C market
- Financial markets knowledge (including understanding of common technical analysis indicators)
- Excellent analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to inspire your fellow team members
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Detail oriented
- Time and project management skill sufficient to complete projects in a timely manner
- Background in computer programming and Web technologies is a plus
- Background in UX/UI design is a plus.
- Ability to complete financial analysis to model the products cost and potential margins
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree a plus
- Access to health care benefits, including vision and dental
- Company Stock Options
We design, code, and publish investment software for serious investors. Our software presents detailed information about stocks and markets including data, text, and charts. Powerful proprietary intellectual property is at the heart of everything we publish. We are growing fast. We relocated to Center City Philadelphia in December and need additional talent. This is an exciting time to join the company.
Development. You must have experience, working in a team, implementing and deploying complex applications
Collaboration. You must be an effective manager of yourself and be able to collaborate with and take direction from product designers and senior front-end programmers
UX/UI. You must have a feel for user-interface design, experience implementing pixel-perfect interfaces, and know how to create assets such as images, CSS, videos, and more
Flexibility. We are entrepreneurial, change is the norm, so you must be comfortable with competing demands, shifting priorities, and deadlines
Experience. You need to have at least two years experience, on-the-job, in front-end software development that interfaces to database-driven content on the back-end
Good taste. You must know what great software is and how to get there
HTML5 and CSS. Deep experience in all these is required
Asset creation tools, such as Photoshop, movie editors, etc.
Familiarity with modern desktop technologies, such as Angular.js and other open source libraries
RESTful Web services APIs and JSON. Core technologies you must know
Browser testing and debugging. You know what we mean; it’s a must
Nice to Haves
Financial markets knowledge is huge for us
Experience in measurement and monitoring (think Google Analytics, New Relic, etc.)
Prototyping experience and tools knowledge
College degree, nice but not strictly required
All applicants must schedule reference calls with previous employers as part of the hiring process.